As I sit here and reflect on what April has brought upon me, I wrote up some thoughts or rather ideas/goals that I want to bring into May. And while I should be studying for finals, I thought I would share these thoughts with you instead. ((Procrastination at its finest ladies & gents)) Also I thought I was clever for naming this “Thoughts For May”, it’s kind of like “Thoughts Of The Day” but “Thoughts For May”….GET IT? HAHA okay dumb joke. Anyways, maybe you can implement some positive vibes/ideas or get inspiration from mine for the month of May and make it a good month <3 xo
- Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference really.
- Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for your convenience, not the callers.
- Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb. That’s where the really sweet fruit is.
- Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly enough time as we all do, just get your priorities straight.
- Don’t spread yourself too thin. Learn to say no politely and quickly.
- Don’t use time or words carelessly. Neither can be retrieved.
- Don’t waste time grieving over the past. Learn from it and move on as best you can.
- Work hard, but don’t let work take over your life, you will lose yourself.
- Give people a second chance, but not a third.
- Learn to listen to your body.
- Never overestimate your power to change others. Never underestimate your power to change yourself.
- When facing a difficult task, act as though it’s impossible to fail.
- DO NOT compare yourself to others, that is deadly.
- Let go of whatever is stealing your happiness, it’s hard but it is worth it. Trust me.
And darling, if all else fails, please be happy. Learn to be in the sunlight and let the rays hit your contagious smile. Learn to love yourself, even in your darkest days. You owe yourself that love that you so freely give to other people. After-all, self love is the greatest middle of finger of all time. And in the end, all we really have is ourselves.
Be yourself today. You look beautiful like that.