Ooohhhh adulthood. So nice to meet you….
Here are a few things I have learned along the way on my lovely journey out in the real world:
- When the items in your refrigerator get low, they do not refill themselves. Wait, you mean I have to go out and buy these things?
- If you leave your laundry in the dryer for too long, the wrinkles will remain there until you wash those clothes again. I say this as I sit and type this instead of getting up and taking out clothes that have been in the dryer far too long now. See, it’s a learning process.
- You have to take care of yourself when you’re feeling sick. Mom, where you at thoooo?
- You have to actually plan the days you can go out. 1st of the month is coming up? Rent due? Better not go out…..*sigh*
- When something breaks you have to call the awkward maintenance guy. Or call your dad and make him come help you. Better alternative
- Pinterest recipes sound super fun at the time, and then end up being hours of wasted time and frustration because it doesn’t quite taste as good as your mom’s cooking. Let’s be real, it just doesn’t taste good. At all.
- Target is your new best friend. Wellllll, that kind of hasn’t changed. I think we are just super super besties now.
- Receiving a letter in the mail is no longer $20 from your grandma for birthdays/Christmas/or just because. Say hello to bills, junk, and more bills.
- You find yourself asking for home necessities for Christmas. You mean no more fun Christmas gifts? A new coffee pot, pots and pans, FOOD maybe..
- No matter how hard you try to eat healthy, you always end up at Chick-Fil-A. Organic food, vitamins, ehhh who needs em.
- You start to question prices in terms of hours you work. Is this new makeup palette worth 8 hours of work??
- You have to actually take out the trash. Or just let it sit there for two weeks until the smell just gets way too bad.
- You cringe every time you need to go grocery shopping. I think I can go another week on this lovely dinosaur egg oatmeal. We good.
- Your room does not clean itself. Your whole apartment doesn’t either.
- You’ll miss your parents even when you live just 40 minutes away from them. FaceTime becomes your best friend.
- A morning cup of coffee is one of the most expensive habits you can acquire. These K-Cups are like $20 dollars? What is this.
- It is even harder to go to school now. No one is there reminding you to go, it’s a choice you get to make on your own….binge watch Netflix or go to class. Hmmm…
- Netflix. That’s another thing. It is very dangerous.
- You find yourself calling your mom a lot every time you go grocery shopping. What do YOU think I need mom?
- There are just some days when you do not want to adult. I would say about 5 out of 7 days of the week….
Stay Connected with Me: